Roasted Cauliflower Soup
Write a review
- 4 cups cauliflower, broken into florets
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/2 coriander powder
- 3 -4 cups of water
- bunch fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons of soy yogurt
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees C.
- Place the cauliflower and whole, unpeeled garlic in a small roasting pan. Drizzle with oil and season with salt, and pepper; toss to coat.
- Roast the cauliflower in the preheated oven stirring every 10 minutes until golden brown and tender, 20 to 30 minutes. Remove from the oven and set aside.
- Add olive oil to large saucepan and set the pan over medium heat.
- Add the chopped onion and cook and stir until lightly golden brown, about 10 minutes.
- Stir in the roasted cauliflower and water. Peel the garlic clove and add it to the cauliflower. Season with cumin, turmeric and coriander powder, pour in water. Cook few minutes and blend smooth. Serve with soy yogurt and sprinkle with chopped parsley.
Petra Kavšek The Foodie http://www.new.petrakavsek.com/