Raw Heart-shaped Lamingtons with Raspberry Jam
Write a review
- 3 cups cashews
- 1 ½ cups coconut flour (fine)
- ¼-1/2 cup coconut cream
- ½ cup agave nectar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
RASPBERRY CHIA JAM
- 1 ½ cups raspberries
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tbsp rice malt syrup (optional)
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate (finely chopped)
- ¼ cup coconut milk
- 1 ½ cups desiccated coconut
- For the 'sponge': Line 2 containers of the same size with baking paper.
- Add the cashews to a food processor and whizz until it forms fine crumbs. Add the remaining ingredients to the food processor and pulse until just combined. Take care to not over process the mixture otherwise you'll end up with a very solid sponge.
- Halve the sponge mixture and press each mixture into your lined containers. Set aside in fridge.
- For the raspberry chia jam: Mash raspberries with a fork and mix through chia seeds and optional agave nectar. Set aside to thicken.
- For the coating: Gently melt all ingredients except the desiccated coconut over a double boiler. Mix until well combined.
- Remove the 'sponge' from the fridge and remove from containers. Place one sponge on top of the other and cut into pieces in the shape of heart (use heart-shaped pastry cutter).
- Using a fork, dip a sponge into the chocolate (dip all sides except one) then quickly dip into the coconut and set aside. Repeat for the remaining sponge cakes.
- Separate the iced sponge cakes into 2 groups. Spread raspberry chia jam on the plain side of one group of sponge cakes.
- Sandwich together a sponge with jam and a plain sponge.
- Keep in fridge!
Petra Kavšek The Foodie http://www.petrakavsek.com/