Write a review
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 cups water
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 large tomatoes
- 1/2 cup chopped onions
- 2/3 cup chopped parsley
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh mint
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- To make the quinoa, first rinse one cup of quinoa in a mesh colander under running water. That washes away the bitter saponins on the surface.
- Dump the rinsed quinoa into a medium sized pan on the stove. Add two cups of water and bring the mixture to a boil.
- Cover and simmer for fifteen to twenty minutes, until the water is absorbed. Once it’s done, remove from heat and fluff the quinoa with a fork.
- Let the quinoa cool, then toss in the rest of your ingredients.
- Add more olive oil, salt or pepper, and/or lemon juice to taste.
- If you have time, cover and let the salad chill in the refrigerator for a few hours or overnight, to let the flavors blend together.
Petra Kavšek The Foodie http://www.petrakavsek.com/