Vegan & Gluten-free Leek and Mushroom Quiche
Write a review
- 250 g cashew nuts
- 125 g rice flour
- 6-8 Tbsp water
- ½ Tsp salt
- 150 g leek
- 270 g mushrooms
- 2 dl oat milk
- 50 g of chickpea flour
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 Tbsp cornflour
- 2 Tsp Nutritional Yeast
- 1/3 Tsp baking powder
- 3-4 cloves of garlic
- chopped fresh herbs (parsley, thyme, chives)
- salt, pepper, red pepper powder
- Start by making the crust. This is done by placing the cashews in a food processor and pulse until you have a fine flour. Add the remaining ingredients and run until you have a smooth dough. You should be able to shape it into a ball without it sticking to your hands.
- Press the dough into a 9″ pie pan, making sure the crust is relatively thick and even. Prick it thoroughly with a fork. Pre-bake crust at 200 degrees Celsius/390 degrees Fahrenheit for 15-20 minutes, until slightly golden.
- While the crust is baking, make the filling. Place all the ingredients for the filling except mushrooms, leek and herbs in a food processor and blend until smooth. Gradually add additional amounts of the seasoning whilst tasting if necessary.
- Chop up the vegetables. Heat up a small non-stick saucepan and dry-roast the mushrooms for a couple of minutes, until golden. Place this in a bowl with the leek and add other ingredients for the filling and mix well.
- Once the crust is finished baking, pour the filling on to the crust and flatten it using a spatula. Drizzle a tablespoon do chopped leek on top of the quiche before putting it in the oven. Reduce to oven temperature to 180 degrees Celsius/356 degrees Fahrenheit and bake with the filling for 45-60 minutes, until set. Allow for the quiche to cool for 10 minutes before serving.
Petra Kavšek The Foodie http://www.petrakavsek.com/