Mini Lime Pies
Write a review
- 1/3 cup raw walnuts
- 1/3 coconut flour
- 7 medjool dates
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla powder
- 1/2 avocado
- 1/2 cup cashews (soaked 4 hours)
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 4 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons agave syrup
- coconut whipping cream
- fresh raspberries
- Add the walnuts, coconut flour, dates and vanilla powder to a food processor. Pulse a few times and then process for 1-2 minutes or until the mixture rolls into a ball in your processor.
- Use silicone muffin cups or grease 6 spaces in a muffin tin (I use coconut oil). Cut ½-inch wide and 6-inch long pieces of parchment paper. Place each in a muffin tin space with the edges sticking up on either side to create handles to remove the pies later.
- Divide the crust mixture into six pieces and drop each into the muffin tin. Use your fingers to form the mixture into crusts by smoothing out the bottom and pushing the crust edges up the sides. Transfer the tin to the freezer for 15 minutes to set the crust.
- To Make the Filling
- Add the avocado, lime juice, agave nectar, cashews and coconut oil to a food processor. Process until the mixture is smooth (approximately 4-5 minutes).
- Spoon the filling into the crusts and smooth out with the back of a spoon.
- Return the muffin tin to the freezer for at least 45 minutes to set.
- Serve with coconut whipping cream and fresh raspberries.
- Store the pies in the refrigerator.
Petra Kavšek The Foodie http://www.petrakavsek.com/