Jam Filled Carrot Pockets
Super easy and tasty sweet carrot empanadas. No eggs ✓ No dairy products ✓
Write a review
- 250 g Carrot
- 500 g Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 Tbsp Vanilla Sugar
- 250 g Coconut Oil (softened)
- 150 g Apricot Jam
- 1. Peeled and shred carrots.
- 2. Mix flour, baking powder, vanilla sugar and shredded carrots. Add softened pieces of coconut oil. Using your fingertips and thumbs take small amounts of the mixture and rub them together.
- 3. Add the mixture in a food processor. Pulse until the mixture resembles fine crumbs and continue mixing unit form a smooth dough.
- 4. Heat the oven to 180 °C. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- 5. Roll out the dough on a lightly floured surface. With a cookie cutter cut dough circles.
- 6. Scoop a teaspoon of apricot jam into the middle of the round pastry.
- 7. Seal the edges with a fork.
- 8. Place them on the prepared baking sheets. Bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes until slightly golden.
- 9. Cool slightly and sprinkle with powder sugar. Enjoy!
Petra Kavšek The Foodie http://www.new.petrakavsek.com/