Healthy Cherry Bounty Bars
Write a review
- 1 cup pitted fresh cherries
- 2 cups shredded coconut
- 3 tablespoons agave syrup / honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- 100 g dark chocolate
- 1 tbs coconut oil
- In a food processor add fresh pitted cherries, blend until smooth. Add other ingredients and blend again until really smooth, scraping down edges as required. Spoon this mixture into a container lined with baking paper and press firmly down.
- Put in the freezer for 30 minutes while you make the chocolate cover.
- Melt the chocolate and coconut oil in a double boiler. When the coconut batter is completely chilled and firm, cut it out in bars, you can vary the size as you please. It might crumble a bit but you can just use your hands to press it back together.
- Gently dip all of the coconut bars in the chocolate, use a fork for this job and let the excess chocolate drip of before placing it on a baking sheet. Let the bars cool and harden completely before serving.
Petra Kavšek The Foodie http://www.new.petrakavsek.com/