Cheesy broccoli-white bean VEGAN soup
Write a review
- 1 head of broccoli, florets chopped and stems thinly sliced
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1/2 tsp. turmeric
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 15 oz. can white beans or chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 2 1/2 cups vegetable stock / water
- 1/2 cup nutritional yeast
- splash of soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp lemon juice
- First, wash and chop the broccoli and steam it for about 5 minutes or until it's just softened and still brightly colored.
- Dice the onions and mince the garlic. In a medium saucepan, heat the olive oil with the turmeric and then add the diced onion. Saute for a few minutes or until tender, then add the minced garlic and saute a couple more minutes, until fragrant.
- Next, add beans and stock to saucepot and bring to a simmer, stir in salt, pepper, nutritional yeast, soy sauce, lemon juice and thyme. Once at a simmer remove from heat.
- Blend everything in a blender. Allow the steam to vent. Can be done in batches.
- Serve soup topped with croutons.
Petra Kavšek The Foodie http://www.petrakavsek.com/